5 Must Go Destinations for Mountain Lovers
You need not be a mountaineer to savor the joys of the mountains. To each one the appeal is different. Some are drawn to adventure activities like trekking, camping, skiing etc., while others merely prefer a leisurely stroll to soak in the scenic view. It is, therefore, difficult to say which mountain destination is the best, but consider this as a tiny peep in that direction.
- Lucerne, Switzerland: Nestled amidst snow-capped mountains, this little town provides a panoramic view like no other. The Gateway to Central Switzerland offers plenty of activities for mountain lovers. Enjoy a leisure train ride up Mount Pilatus by the world’s steepest cogwheel railway. Or for the more adventurous, paraglide from Rigi or any of the mountains surrounding the Lucerne Lake.
- Valley of Flowers, India: Part of Nanda Devi National Park, the valley of flowers is located in the Western Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand. This World Heritage Site boasts of acres and acres of a variety of alpine flora endemic to the region and is the abode of many endangered species of animals. The entire vista can be enjoyed from March to October with frequent sitings of plenty of waterfalls.
- Sa Pa, Vietnam: A small township located in the Hoàng Liên Son mountains or the north-western region. Surrounded by picturesque mountains and paddy terraces, the region is home to many ethnic minorities. Indulge in trekking trips, plenty of routes to choose from; or take a solo biking and camping trip up the mountain.
- Wales, Britain: This country in the United Kingdom is what fairy tales are made of. An enchanted place of such exciting landscapes, houses a wild coastline alongside rugged mountainous National parks. From medieval castles to contemporary nightlife. A land of legends, ancient landscapes and action packed adventures.
- Torres del Paine National Park, Chile: This place is an adventurer’s delight. The unique and untouched landscape which boasts of incredible flora and fauna. Plenty of adventure sports lined up; treks, fly-fishing, kayaking in the many creeks and channels or ice hiking for the more bold-hearted.